1. Find out her favorite flower. This seems pretty logical. Carefully look at which flowers she leans towards whenever you pass by a flower shop in the mall. Ask her friends. Listen whenever she mentions how sweet it was when her friend's boyfriend got her this certain type of flower. Nothing says "I know you and I listen" as much as giving her a bouquet of her favorite flowers without her having to tell you what they are.
2. If you don't know her favorite flower, know at least her favorite color. You have to know her favorite color. It has to have come up during your first conversations with her. No? If not, look at her things and her wardrobe. Sometimes (only sometimes), girls tend to wear and buy things in their favorite color. Also, most often than not, the color scheme of their room/ condo/ apartment is a tell tale sign.
Give her a bouquet of different types of flowers but keep it monochromatic. I think these monochromatic bouquets are much nicer than a bouquet of random flowers that seem to look good together. Having it in her favorite color is a nice special touch.
3. Fail safe flowers every guy should know. Here's a list of flowers which I think all girls would appreciate. Get these when you're absolutely clueless and desperate. Haha!
- Tulips- one of my favorite flowers! They always look pretty. They're not overly romantic flowers. Perfect as "I like you" or "You're beautiful" flowers.
Chi gave me this bouquet of purple and yellow tulips once :)
- Stargazers- easiest to find here in the Philippines. Practically every flower shop has these beauties.
- Peonies- my sister's bridal bouquet was made of peonies and they were absolutely gorgeous! I think these deep pink ones are perfect for any mother.
- Hydrangeas- these little flowers are most beautiful when clumped together in big bunches.
- Roses- an oldie but a goodie. Nothing says "I love you" like roses. They now come in different colors but I still think red ones are the most beautiful. Imagine my surprise when Chi got me a bouquet of more than 100 roses! Super sweet! He gave them to me after my last CADs (Company of Ateneo Dancers) concert last March.
4. Where to buy flowers in the Philippines. I had a little help from my boyfriend on this one. Here are his go-to flower shops and places.
- Dangwa Flower Market - THE place to go to for flowers. I'll be doing a separate post for this one. Stay tuned!
- Market! Market! - the "next to Dangwa" flower market. If you don't want to go as far as Manila, Market! Market! is conveniently located in Bonifacio Global City.
- Holland Tulips - You're go-to place for tulips. Obviously. They carry other flowers too. You can find them at SM Megamall, Podium Mall, Edsa Shangri-la Plaza, Robinsons Galleria, SM City North Edsa, Glorietta 4, and Robinsons Place Ermita.
- Flowers by Sylvia - You can order online or visit their branches in Forbes Park Shell Station, Kamagong in Makati, Katipunan Road near Bo's Coffee, SM City North Edsa, and Alabang, Muntinlupa.