|Photo from this blog|
- Items needed:
- A deck of cards
- Everyone brings a unisex gift within a certain price range pre-determined by everyone in the group
- No need to wrap the gift. Everyone gathers around holding the gift they brought.
- Let everyone pick one card from the deck. The card determines the order of picking - As being the lowest and Kings being the highest.
- The person with the lowest card goes first. Everyone forms a circle in chronological order.
- In order, each person picks a card from the deck.
Rules of the game
- If the card you pick is a Jack, Queen, or King, you can swap your gift with another person of your choice.
- If the card is an ace, you can steal- not swap- any gift from another person. That leaves you with more than one gift and the other person with one less gift.
- If the card ranges from 2-10, then you keep the gift you're holding. No swapping/ stealing.
The game ends when there are no more cards in the deck. In the end, some people might have more than one gift if they're lucky! I always have a lot of fun playing this game with my titos, titas, and cousins. Somewhere in the middle of the game, you find out that there's this one gift that everyone wants to have. Haha!
Do you have your own version of Secret Santa?