"At our factory, each batch of chocolate is produced in small quantities (actually, it would be "micro" in industry standards) and overseen personally by people instead of machines. We take great care, time and effort to ensure that each step starting from the selection of the cacao bean to the final step of molding and packing, we are only offering the best we can offer." -Philo, Founder
Theo & Philo chocolates are all about being 100% Filipino, from ingredients to taste and packaging. They source their cacao from Davao and their sugar from Bacolod (my mother's hometown!). They offer really interesting mixes, like dark chocolate with green mango and salt, which take inspiration from Pinoy favorites. Their various wrappings make use of the colors of the Philippine flag in modern designs that scream "I'm young, Filipino, and proud of it!".
|Clockwise starting from upper left corner: 70% Dark Chocolate, Honey Cinnamon, Barako, Calamansi, Labuyo, Green Mango & Salt, Pili & Pinipig, Milk Chocolate|
Aside from their 70% dark chocolate and their classic milk chocolate bars, Theo & Philo's distinctly "filipino combination" bars are what I would give to friends and family. Some of them are unusual but surprisingly good! It's always nice to let loved ones try new things, especially the foodies in the family.
Here's a list of the flavors that they offer:
- 70% Dark Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate
- Labuyo- dark chocolate with chili. Not for me but perfect for my boyfriend who LOVES all things spicy.
- Pili & Pinipig- milk chocolate with pili nuts and crunchy pinipig.
- Green Mango & Salt- My favorite!! Sweet + sour + salty = HEAVEN.
- Barako- chocolate for breakfast? Why not!
- Calamansi- dark chocolate with candied calamansi peel
- Pinasugbo- banana chocolate with toffee and sesame seeds
- Honey Cinnamon- dark chocolate infused with cinnamon with honey pieces. It was their holiday flavor for 2012.
Each bar costs P95 and you can get them as a set of 3 (additional 50 pesos for the box) or 5 bars (additional 60 pesos for the box). Their boxes are even prettier than their wrappers. Look!
|Box of 3|
|Box of 5|
You can find Theo & Philo chocolates at these locations. Or, you can directly contact them at 0920-431-5650/ 2424093 or email them at email@example.com.
All photos were provided by Theo & Philo.